Moral of the story - Be humble, it costs nothing

Amitabh Bacchan says...

"At the peak of my career,
I was once travelling by
Airplane. The passenger
next to me was elderly.
Dressed in a simple shirt
and pants, he appeared
middle class but seemed
to be well educated.
Other passengers kept
glancing at me, but this
gentleman appeared to be
unconcerned of me...
He was reading his
newspaper, looking out of
the window, and when tea
came, he sipped it quietly.
Trying to strike a conversation,
I smiled. The man courteously
smiled back and said 'Hello'.
We got talking and I brought
the subject to cinema and
asked, 'Do you watch films?'
The man replied, 'Oh, very few.
I did see one many years ago.'
I mentioned that I worked in
films myself. The man said,
'Oh, that’s nice. What do you
do?'  I replied, 'I am an actor '
The man nodded, 'Oh,  that's
wonderful!'  That was it... 
When we landed, I held out
my hand and said,
'It was good to travel
with you. By the way,
my name is Amitabh Bacchan !'
The man shook my hand
and smiled, "Thank you...
I am J. R. D. Tata!"
I learned, no matter how big you are, there is always someone *bigger*.

*Be humble, it costs nothing.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today is Akshaya Tritiya

Flap your wings

WAKE UP PARENTS